Lack of space is the main problem of small apartments, where sleeping, working and media areas are often combined in a small room. The desire to optimally use all the features makes the owners of modest size apartments have comprehensive approach to storage. The deficit of space forces the owners to resort to various tricks. Custom-made wardrobes, shelves and mezzanines, that do not clutter the space and are very roomy, can be a great solution that will systematize and organize the storage of household goods. These and other concepts can turn disadvantages into advantages for small apartments.
Keeping things in a small apartment: 5 original ideas
1. Sofas with a compartment for bedding – Deficiency of space sometimes puts owners before a difficult dilemma: a bed or a couch? Sofa, equipped with a spacious compartment for bedding, provides an option to store linens, pillows and blankets in the designated areas. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate piece of furniture, and you do not have to use a shelf in the closet.
2. Original mobile modules – Containers, ottomans, chests, wicker containers, modules on wheels will not only comfortably accommodate a variety of things, but also save space. Roomy but compact storage systems, cabinets or containers from IKEA may be placed in any area of the bedroom or living room.
3. Wardrobes: built-in, angle and radius – One of the most practical and common storages are wardrobes. For small areas, where the issue of placement and storage is very acute, the optimal solution is choosing angular and curved designs. Thanks to the effective design this will allow optimal use of all the possibilities of the room.
4. Floor cloth hangers – An excellent alternative to volumetric storage systems is an adjustable in height, functional and comfortable hanger. It will solve the problem with storing clothing. Equipped with umbrella stand, mini bedside table, this interior accessories with original design successfully fit in any style solution.
5. Wall shelves and light racks – This furniture not only occupies a minimum area and “steal” less light, but allows you to put a large number of necessary things in a confined space. Furthermore, the open system storage stimulates to maintain order and cleanness. Closets, narrow and tall items of furniture are extremely comfortable and functional, provide excellent protection against dust, but are hidden from prying eyes, thus the inner part of such designs quickly gets cluttered and looks very sloppy. With open cabinets you are required to maintain perfect order in a timely manner.
All these ideas prove: there are no small apartments, but bad organized storage options. A competent approach to the arrangement of the wardrobe, good layout helps to maintain household goods in order, make housing more bright and comfortable.