Everyone knows that classic is more popular in the interior design than anything. But this does not mean that it can not be diluted with an interesting mix of religious objects of decoration of the last century and, for example, be decorates with Arabic ornaments.
This strange experiments in the interior design are called fusion – when several traditions, trends, eras and styles are mixed together to create something new.
This approach is justified when the master of the house or apartment cannot focus on one style of interior design and likes several. On the other hand the master of the house fundamentally does not intend to copy a certain style, to comply with rules and stick to traditions.
Interestingly, the fusion is not so complex in the implementation, as commonly believed. Literally any interior can be converted so that it becomes much more interesting.
Here are several options on what combinations look interesting and at the same time in harmony, when it comes to fusion interior design:
- minimalism + ethnic style;
- modern interior + iconic furniture in retro style;
- provincial or rustic interior, painted in trendy colors;
- traditional interior wood furniture + Arabic accents;
- High-tech + Eastern symbolic aesthetics;
- Scandinavian minimalism + French Shabby chic;
- pure retro-futuristic interior with small objects;
- retro 60s + glamorous chic with gold furniture.
This is just a small list of how effectively you can use all the best parties of a particular style. You can come up with more complex combinations that will include three, four or even five different styles.